Life with Sam n Zack

Hear about life at 193 with my two little loves and Michy too....

Monday, March 27, 2006

The Carnival

The Carnival was yesterday and it went really well. There was really only one exception, the moonwalk didn't work for the first two and a half hours of our 4 hour carnival. That really sucked because it caused us to lose money. Otherwise it was a great success, all the kids has a great time, the volunteers were amazing and we probably did as well as last year. I won 4 silent auction items and am proud to report that they are all useful items expect the basket of musically instruments donated by Music Together. I decided that next year I am definitely not going to chair the carnival. I don't mind the work beforehand or even setting up or cleaning up but I didn't get to have any fun with my kids. Poor Sam waywardly wandered from person to person and I wore Isaac on my back for a lot of the time. I got there for set up at 7:30 a.m., silly Robert (Mich's salesperson) volunteered to help. He went to our house first and when Sam heard that Robert was going to help me with the Carnival he wanted to come with him. So Sam arrived with Robert at 9:45 a.m. I basically told Sam to be a good boy and told Robert to make sure he didn't get lost. Mich arrived with Zack at 11 when the Carnival started. He really only wanted to be with me or running around like a maniac. My arm was getting tired of holding so I asked Mom and Dad to stop at my house and get the ergo. They arrived and I loaded Zack onto my back. He was so happy there, so much that he fell asleep, which was really perfect. Until some stupid person said something like "oh how cute" while rubbing his face and he woke up. Miserable I might add. Once he calmed down as long as I kept moving. Mom and Dad took over watching Sam and Mich left for her riding lesson at 12:15. She got back at around 2:45 and took the boys home. I had to stay for clean up and money counting. Everyone was so happy with how everything turned out so I can't really complain. It's just that it would have been nice to have some fun with my kids.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home