Life with Sam n Zack

Hear about life at 193 with my two little loves and Michy too....

Thursday, December 22, 2005

Socks - Finally

My brother tells me that he wants warm socks for Chanukah. The criteria seems simple to me, warm, wicking properties, preferable not wool in size extra large. I looked in about 10 stores for them and couldn't find any. Some had wool socks in XL. Others had synthetic socks in Large. You get the idea all combos of the wrong kind. Well, I've been saying all along that I want to go to Bill Army and Navy, it's about 1/2 a mile from me at work. On the same road no less. I went there today and viola 7 pair of socks that fit the criteria and 2 pair of sock liner just for good measure. Plus a pair of black Merrill slip ons and a great pair of Keens that were both on sale for me!

This nearly wraps up my holiday shopping. I'm still not thrilled with the gift for my Dad. Mom said he wanted tighty whitey so although I don't love the idea of getting him undies I bought him 12 pairs. He also wanted the new New York Zagat guide, which I'm yet to receive (should check b&n.com). Apparently he needs new screens for his electric razor but those are harder to find then the socks. Everyone else got basically what they asked for or what we decided they needed.

I am excited for Michy's gifts. Somehow I feel like I shouldn't list her presents here in fear that she will read this. I'm not sure how that would happen. She can barely work a computer and I don't even think that she knows I have a blog. Anyway, since she told me please don't buy me the super expensive watch that she's been pining over for years now, I've been amassing many smaller gifts! Now I've decided that I need 16 gifts so that each boy can give her one each night of Chanukah. I'm going to do one little and one bigger per night, like a pair of socks from one and a sweater from the other.

I love this season of giving! There is not a thing in the world that I can think of that I need or even want. My cup is full!

1 Comments:

  • At 1:49 PM, Blogger Casey said…

    Ok - I have to say I would be *deeply* disturbed if I was asked to buy my father underwear. That just isn't right. :)

    Happy Chanukah!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home