Life with Sam n Zack

Hear about life at 193 with my two little loves and Michy too....

Friday, December 02, 2005

Chanukah

The holidays are here. They come earlier every year don't they? Sam is really into the lights that people have been putting up on their houses. Driving yesterday he even said, when can we cover our house in lights like that? Well, never. It's not really the answer that he was looking for but it's the only one that I could give. Jewish people don't hang lights. I guess we should get a light up menorah for his window maybe even two. How do I instill that we can enjoy the lights that others display but not do it ourselves. It's not our thing. Too bad I have an event on Friday cause I'd love to attend the talk that Rabbi Sagal is giving about this very subject. At least Sam is at school at the temple, he will learn about the macabees and the oil that lasted 8 days. We will reinforce at home. Maybe I'll buy that clay in the link that I send Robyn and we'll attempt to make a menorah at home.

Sue asked Sam what he wanted for Chanukah and he said a gun. He said that Etan and Henry have guns that they use to shoot and kill people. Can I get a gun and shoot these two three year old boys. I'm not really one of those guns are horrible kind of people. Not that I want guns in my home nor do I want Sam to have any toy guns at this point. He's little, his brother is even littler. Boys seems to make guns out of the stuff they have. They use their fingers to shoot, sticks, brooms whatever they get their hands on. I get it. Why oh why does he come home with phrases like shoot and kill. Do these mothers realize? Am I over reacting?

So, I've been trying to come up with 8 gifts to give each of the boys for Chanukah. I don't really think that Isaac needs 8 gifts. He really doesn't need anything but since Sam will know and we will all be there together I will come up with 8 for both. I got Sam some Batman pj's that I think he is going to love. Mich wants to get Sam a remote control dinosaur like Harris has. I bought a couple books. Maybe I'll do a night of giving to others. Start a tradition of one night getting gifts to give to people in need. Do I buy the gifts and we try to give them to someone/somewhere that night. Do we shop for these gifts together and give them beforehand so that they can have them for the holidays?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home