Life with Sam n Zack

Hear about life at 193 with my two little loves and Michy too....

Monday, April 03, 2006

What a super weekend!

Friday night, I drove into the city and picked Mich up from work and we headed uptown to Lincoln Center. We parked and found a place to grab a bite to eat. Then we went over to the fountain where we met Ann, Jen and Greg. It was so great to see them. Jen and I have been friends for 19 years, Greg is her husband and Ann is her friend from growing up. We were all there to see Joseph's film, www.thingsthathangfromtrees.com , Joe, Jen and Ann all grew up together. I met Joe on my first day of college. The film was amazing, I'm so proud and impressed with my friend. It was really sad though, left you thinking. Our home was uneventful and we arrived home to everyone but Amanda sleeping. It was so hard from Amanda to wake up Sue.

Saturday was our lazy day. The only thing on the agenda was a birthday party for one of Sam's classmates and I didn't even have to go. We hung out in the backyard and enjoyed the 70 degree weather. Isaac is so amazing physically, he climbs up the rock and rope wall on the swing set and then dives down the slide. Mich and Sam went to the birthday party while Isaac and I started out to do some errands. Our trip was short lived as Zack fell asleep after the first store. I headed home and put him in his crib and took the time to relax alone. It's not like I got that much time as most kids parties only last 90 minutes. We spent the rest of the afternoon just like the morning, hanging out in the backyard.

Sunday we started by waking up late and realizing it was even later after we changed the clocks. Mich had her riding lesson at 12:45, I asked Vicki to pick her up so that the boys and I could come watch the tail end of the lesson and then we'd all be on our way. We went to see Jen, Greg and Nate in Staten Island. It was so great to see Nate, we celebrated his second birthday with him. Sam had a great time being the big boy and leading all the games they played. We had expected Zack to sleep on the way there but that never happened so by the time we were nearing the end of our visit he was so over tired. We said our goodbyes and we weren't even off the block when Zack feel asleep. That was at 7 p.m., we got all the way home and he slept until the next day. His bedtime is usually 9:00 p.m. We got Indian food for dinner and we're happy to get to bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home