Life with Sam n Zack

Hear about life at 193 with my two little loves and Michy too....

Thursday, August 25, 2005

A sticker for the car

I've been thinking that a we need a sticker for the car. I'm not sure what it should be exactly but I want it to say two mom family when you see it. Not necessarily the words but an image that says it would be fine. So, I was delivering some stuff into the city for Mich's new showroom that she had bought in Target and on the way home I stopped on Christopher Street. I amazingly got a parking spot on the street and there was already 30 minutes left in the meter. Right across the street there was a shop called something like rainbow cards. I went in and looked at the stickers none of them appealed to me. There was one that seemed okay, it said family car with a rainbow flag underneath. So I left there and went to another store and they had the same selection. So I didn't get a sticker. There was another reason though, neither of the shopkeepers seems gay. Somehow I feel like I should be supporting the community. I discussed this with Michy and she said that's the beauty of America. So I'm trying to thing of other instances like this where I feel like I should support people because of the community. I like to buy at the greenmarket but I will get produce elsewhere if I have to. I'm hard pressed for other examples but maybe I should have bought a sticker from the straight guy. Maybe if he had the perfect one?

2 Comments:

  • At 9:33 AM, Blogger Estelle said…

    Order it online girlfriend. I've seen a cool license plate rim that has a rainbow around it with "family truck" written underneath. I'm sure there is a car version available :)
    I've just got the boring HRC sticker... which is pretty dang popular in St. Pete (well, let's see, that's because everyone's gay or on medicare).
    My dad also has an HRC sticker on his car. He has no clue what it means though :) he just wanted one so I gave him one, and he displays it proudly

     
  • At 3:02 PM, Blogger Robyn said…

    we have HRC stickers on our cars and also Family Pride coalition. i like that one. actually now they are only on Cindy's car...the minivan...since i got a new car. i need a new sticker or two myself!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home