Life with Sam n Zack

Hear about life at 193 with my two little loves and Michy too....

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

The whirlwind tour

Mich made it bad from Vegas. Her plan to go to the office straight from the red eye was too hard on her so she decided to come home for a shower and a change of clothes. She actually had a change of clothes in her bag but their was a UPS place next to the bag check at the convention center so she shipped her bag home, one less thing to worry about. Well, she didn't think about not having her stuff one she got back home. So, she's at home for a few more minutes and then it's back on the train to go into the city. She has to go because she has an interview with a new accountant.

We had dinner with my parents at the half price pasta place. It's really amazing how good it was and the whole bill for my parent, me and the boys was $20. Sam was being a little bratty but I he stayed in check when I reminded him that we couldn't go to Barnes and Noble afterward if he wasn't a good boy. Isaac ate like a pig, what else is new. That boy is a little vacuum, it's lucky that he never stops moving or we wouldn't be able to lift him. The only reason I suggested Barnes and Noble was because it's not too far from Bernie's house. He was supposed to bring the postcards home so that I could figure out how much the bulk mailing will cost. Well, turns out he forgot to bring them so there was no reason to go that way at all and there was a Borders next to the restaurant. I didn't call Bernie until I was in the car with the boys all loaded in so we went there anyway. Sam loves it there. They have a train table and unlike other places they have tons of trains to play with. He got to pick out a book and of course picked another Thomas one. We got home last night and I started toward getting Isaac in bed. He didn't seem all that tired but I had a fairly easy time of it. Changed him into his pjs and let him play with Sam for a little bit. I tried to stay on top of the mess they were creating but that is no easy task. After a few minutes Sam and I kissed Isaac goodnight and I plopped him in his crib. He fussed a very tiny bit (probably only 20 seconds, I think he doesn't want to miss out on any fun) but then went right to sleep. Sam wanted me to read him the new Thomas book which I had already read to him once in the store. He wanted me to read him 10 books but I bargained him down to only 5. I told him that only 2 of them could be Thomas books. So, I read Oswald, Mr. Putter and Tabby feed the Fish, a Grover book and the two Thomas books. All of them had many words so when he lost interest in the middle of book number 5 I was so glad. Then I turned on the tv and we watched a show about underground cities that Sam referred to as the fish show. He crashed a few minutes later and so did I.

This morning Isaac woke on the early side. I hadn't gotten into the shower yet, I was trying to tidy up the house before Michy's return. My anti-clutter girl. Sam woke up at about 7:15 which is early for him too. Then the phone rang at 7:35, it was Sue saying that she overslept. So when she arrived at a couple minutes to 8 I ran for the shower. Amazingly I was only 5 minutes late for work.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home