Life with Sam n Zack

Hear about life at 193 with my two little loves and Michy too....

Sunday, September 25, 2005

The Wedding

My little brother got married to Kate. There was so much talk about this wedding, as I guess there always is about a wedding in your family. The wedding week officially started with the Bridal Luncheon, apparently a southern tradition of the woman in the brides family, in this case Kate's three Aunts, having a luncheon the day before the wedding. My cousin Vicki decided to go and we had a great time. It was fun to go to a nice restaurant in the middle of a work day and sip wine and eat salad. There were 20 woman there, I got to meet the 2 girls in the bridal party that I had not met before. After lunch we went back to my house where Sue was watching our boys and Vicki' girls. The kids had had a great time. After that Aunt Thelma took the girls to dance class while Vicki and I went to get our nails done. I was so happy with the way mine turned out. I never get them done and they really looked great. I went home and got ready to go to to rehearsal. Sam and I went and we rehearsed a couple of times. The priest, minister or whatever he was, put me in charge of directing the ceremony from the back. So I had to make sure that everyone walked when they were supposed to. Sam did GREAT. He was so cute practicing and I was very hopeful for a repeat performance the next day. After the rehearsal we went back to my parents house for dinner. Mich and Isaac met us there. As usually mom made a great dinner. The kids ran around and had a great time. We finally got out of there at about 10 and we were all very tired. I went into work at 6 the next morning because I am preparing for a conference next week. I left work, went home, showered and primped. Then I went to Kate's mom's house for photos. Meanwhile Mich and Sam got ready for the wedding and we all met at the place at 5:45 for more photos. The wedding started a bit late, but it was very nice until is started to rain. Yes, it was outside. It didn't rain all that hard until the very end and no one ran for cover. The combo Priest/Rabbi was great and you'll think these two guys had been doing these together for years. Sam and the girls were like kids out of a magazine, they were so perfect walking down the isle and they looking stunning. Not as stunning as Kate, boy did she look beautiful! The reception was very nice and after too many cocktails I found my way home. The next day I woke up early, nursed my headache while uploading the photos that we had taken. I got all 100 printed, pu them into an album and brought them to the brunch that Kate's parents were having the next day. Everyone was so happy to see the photos. The brunch was very nice. Rob and Kate are in Portugal for 12 days and will be back Wednesday. Now I'm just waiting for cousins. ;-)

2 Comments:

  • At 4:12 PM, Blogger Sonya said…

    Sounds like a great wedding!

     
  • At 11:35 PM, Blogger Robyn said…

    still being spammed i see...oy.

    the wedding sounds like it was perfect! congrats to Kate and Rob!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home