Life with Sam n Zack

Hear about life at 193 with my two little loves and Michy too....

Friday, October 07, 2005

Where to begin?

I have had so much go on in the past week or so...

I went away for a conference for work. I had to go away for 2 nights to the Borgata in Atlantic City. Everything went smoothly both there and at home. I got amazing nights sleep, closed my eyes and then next thing I knew I heard my wake up call. My room was gorgeous, our convention manager upgraded me to a suite, too bad I had no one there with me. I had nice dinners with my co-workers. The best thing that happened is one of our long time exhibitors gave me an iPod. I took it to the Apple store and traded up to the Nano. Don't I think I'm cool! Now to figure out how to use it. Anyone have a knowledgeable teen to rent me.

Mich is still working like crazy. She hardly mades it home for dinner anymore and she had worked for at least the last 5 Saturdays and is planning to work tomorrow. Busy is good, she has lots of work but I feel so badly for all the problems that she is having. Hopefully things will settle and she will find the competent workers that she needs.

Sam is very lovable yet a total pain. He whines so much and I am having a hard time focusing on dealing with it properly. It grates my nerves and I feel like screaming and running away. He still comes home from school everyday talking about the evil Etan. Why does he like this kid so much and how can I get him to stop? I think that he's love affair with him is cause misbehaver at home too. He hits his brother for no reason out of the blue. Just walks past him and whacks him in the head or sometimes back. He has been getting immediate time outs for this but I'm not sure it's helping. I guess we'll just keep plugging away. Don't get me wrong he is still very sweet a lot of the time and we're not ready to trade him yet.

Isaac is a nut. He never stops moving, well to eat and sleep but that's it. He climbs as high as he can where ever he can. It's quite scary. He eats like crazy and anything we put in front of him. his latest unusual food was scallops. He still does not say any words but he is making sounds that seem like words. He uses some of the same sounds in the same situation so many they are words just not English. He now officially has 7 teeth. He has been slow to teeth but now the arrival of new ones come without fanfare.

Me, well, I have been thinking for a long time that I really should be doing Sue's job. I don't really make that much more then she does after taxes and Mich could put me on her health insurance at work, as long as I'm not working since I'd have to be shown as an employee because of the stupid domestic partnership laws in NY. Anyway, one of the main issues I had, besides the actually fear of leaving this job, taking on the kids and some little thing to make up the difference in $$ was that I worried that Mich would be jealous. It wasn't my worry, she said that it would bother her. If the roles were reversed I'd jump to let her stay home over Sue. Not that I would wish it could be me but I'd rather her them someone else. Well, she basically said that she thought we should get rid of Sue and that I should be with the kids. If only I could get off my butt and do something to make up the difference in dollars. I know that once I'm not working it will not make that much difference, I'll cook more or something. Anyway, Mich and I have been taking about starting this business doing embellishments on tee shirts and other clothes, to sell at the gift show and other places we haven't figured out yet. So today, I applied for a corporate account at American apparel to buy some garments to make samples. I think that this is a great business idea for us. Michy can do the embellishments in her factory so the cost will be minimal, it will also give her workers something to do during a slow period. I am going to try to start this while I'm still here and make sure that we think it's a sustainable business but I'm totally psyched! Maybe I'll even get to talk to Mich more, even if it's just to place orders.

This weekend I am going with the boys to the NY Children's Museum to see the new Alice in Wonderland exhibit, them hopefully Mich can meet us for lunch. Then on Sunday we have two birthday parties, one for Sam's classmate and the other is for cousin Julia. The funny thing is that they are at the exact same place, one starts at 11:00 and ends at 12:30 and the other one starts at 2:00 and ends at 3:30. Mich is going to take Sam to the first one, then we are going to meet for lunch and all go to the second one. After that, at Sam's request, my parents friends are coming over. He loves this couple, he calls them his friends Susan and Arthur, it's quite funny. So they are coming over to play with him and I had the dumb suggestion that they eat dinner with us. Oh and my parents are coming too, since I guess we can't have plans with their friends without them.

I guess that's all, I feel like I have so much more to say but I should get back to work. I'll post a photo of the ring man soon.

3 Comments:

  • At 12:35 AM, Blogger Casey said…

    As a SAHM I would welcome you with open arms! :) Oh and I'd definitely buy a shirt or two. *grin*

    Here's hoping everything works out exactly as it should.

     
  • At 10:27 PM, Blogger Robyn said…

    nice to read about what is going on. i've been soooo busy this past week! we are sooooo excited about your visit!

     
  • At 4:07 PM, Blogger Sonya said…

    Good luck with your new business venture! I hope it all pans out.

    Carie is checking out the mobile notary business for extra cash flow now that B&B are gone.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home