Life with Sam n Zack

Hear about life at 193 with my two little loves and Michy too....

Monday, October 24, 2005

How do the single moms do it?

I have just survived my 5 day stint as single momma. When Mich left for work Thursday morning she went straight to the airport and still hasn't been home yet. She took the red eye in last night/this morning and went directly to work.

Thursday night I got home from work and I am ashamed to report that I just can't remember what we did. Not one bit! Well, I guess I remember that once I finally got into bed, I watched Survivor that I had recorded.

Friday morning Isaac woke up at 6:30 a.m.! He and I had a great time together but I didn't get to go into the shower until Sue arrived. I had gotten Sam ready for school so that she could take the boys downstairs and I could get ready in peace. I took Sam to school and went to work. That night we had dinner at my parents house. We got there early and ate early, we were done by 7:15. Mom was coming back home with me to baby sit since I was going to a grown up party. So funny that both Mich and I were alone and going out without the kids too bad we weren't on the same coast. So off I went to a party at Miriam and Joe's house. The party was being held because Miriam was going to be on TV. So the party was very nice, great drinks and yummy food. I knew that I'd be with the kids all day the next day so I didn't over drink or stay out too late. I came home at 12:15 a.m. and went straight to bed.

Saturday I woke up at 6:45 and thought should I sleep more or take a shower today. The shower won. I was all ready by 7:30 waiting for the boys to wake up. I had been waiting until 8:00 to call my cousin Vicki and at 7:59 the phone rang it was her. She was wondering what we were up to and I told her that since it was raining I thought that I was going to go into the city to the American Museum of Natural History. Our family membership would get all of us in for free. The boys and I went to my mom's house to take her carseats to put them in Vicki's car so that we could all travel together. We got to the museum quite easily and parked in the garage there. All the kids had a great time and so did we! The favorite part for everyone was seeing the big whale hanging from the ceiling in the underwater exhibit. On the way home both of the boys fell asleep. When we got home I transferred Isaac into his crib and we carried Sam still attached to the car seat into the house. He stay asleep in the car seat for another hour! I spent that time picking up around the house. Once both boys were awake we ate dinner. We made an after dinner run to Trader Joe's to get coffee and then drove past two of the nearby houses that have really great Halloween decorations. I got the boys to bed and I was not far behind.

Sam woke up asking to go to the zoo again. He has been asking for days so I was thinking that maybe we should try to go. The weather was perfect, sunny and about 65. I called Cynthia to see if they wanted to come she said that Marc's parents were coming for dinner and she needed to be back early. I said that I needed to go to Costco and planning to be home early enough to shop there before they closed. She ended up not wanting to go to the zoo but suggested that I drop Sam off to play with Julia while Isaac and I went to Costco. I took her up on the offer and my small boy and I shopped unloaded the stuff at home and went back to get Sam. We ended up staying there for 2 1/2 hours. When I got back to the car I had a message from my brother saying that he was available for pumpkin picking after all. So we drove straight to Uncle Robbie's house to pick him up and we headed to the farm. We took a farm tour and it turns out that this place is the largest dairy farm in NJ. They have 650 cows that produce 16 percent of the milk consumed in NJ. We got to see the cows and pet them. They had about 50 baby cows that were so cute and little. They also had other farm animals like chickens, goats, donkeys, etc. Then in was back on to the tractor pulled wagon to the pumpkin patch. They great thing is that they planted pumpkins and gourd together. So there were lots of choices in the field. Sam ended up picking 10 gourds that are sitting in a bowl on the table in our kitchen. He was so proud of them! We dropped Uncle Robbie back at home and we were off to mom and dad's for dinner. I told them that I couldn't stay long because the house was a mess and I wanted things to be nice for Michy's arrival back at home. I got the baby to bed and Sam and I spent the rest of the night picking up the mess that was in nearly every room in the house. Then he and I went to bed.

Monday morning's Sue doesn't come to work because Sam has school at 9 and Isaac has school at 9:15 so I drop Sam at school and then Zack and I go to class and Sue meets me at 10:15 to take him home. I don't know what I was thinking telling her that she shouldn't come to my house first! It isn't easy to get all three of us ready and to school by 9 but we made it. Poor Mich's flight was delayed in LA and then she circled over Newark for 45 minutes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home